I am a graphic designer with over 10 years experience in visual communication. My specialty is taking complicated, vague or otherwise unwieldy information and presenting it in a way that is both compelling and easy to digest.
BFA in Graphic Design
Weezabi specializes in creating collegiate-licensed t-shirts that sell to retail stores. My primary responsibilities are creating original art, submitting art for licensing, and creating color separations for screen printing. Recently Weezabi launched several e-commerce websites to sell directly to the public. As E-commerce Manager I build each site on the Shopify platform, create product and marketing images, oversee production and fulfillment, and provide customer support via email and our Facebook page.
Awful Cool : Branding + Creative Communications
Independent Graphic Designer
(May 2008–May 2014)
As an independent designer, I primarily help clients in one of two ways:
1. To research, plan and execute a branding strategy
2. To bring new perspective and ideas to existing brands
My typical duties include:
- Getting to know and understand clients and their customers
- Researching successful and unsuccessful communication in a given industry with the goal of improving on competitors’ success and learning from their mistakes
- Putting ideas to paper with sketches, wireframes, mood boards, timelines and checklists
- Executing art in the most appropriate medium and using the right tools for the job
- Managing production of print and web design jobs
Benton Newton Advertising
(April 2006–June 2007)
I worked with a creative team and clients to produce original creative concepts, and generated fresh new ideas for existing campaigns. I also worked closely with vendors to ensure clients were satisfied with the final printed piece.